Applications for our Acceleration Program – 1st Cycle Autumn 2019
At CapsuleT, the first accelerator in Greece for startups working in the tourism sector, our primary goal is to scale up tech startups focusing on travel and hospitality innovative solutions. Get ready to boost your company, by submitting your application in order to join the first cycle (Autumn 2019) of our Acceleration Program.
Please, kindly note that the application period will be open from June 5th till July 22nd and the program will begin in September of 2019.
The duration of the Acceleration Program (for each cycle) will be 3 months with the option for startups to stay as a resident additionally for 3 months and continue to use the facilities for free. Apart from workshops and mentoring sessions, the program is enriched with local events, pitching opportunities, meetups, industry site visits and networking activities.
It is essential to keep in mind that the regular weekly attendance at the accelerator’s premises, the attendance to all workshops and events with at least one team member, as well as the time to work with your mentors and the enthusiasm to collaborate with the rest of the teams are mandatory for the successful completion of the program.
Before submitting your application, please read carefully the Application Questions, as well as the Rules and Conditions and the Eligibility Criteria of the program (below).
The Eligibility Criteria that are required:
1. Applicants must be over 18 and have Greek nationality or residency (this regards the founding team).
2. Eligible candidates to secure a place in the program must be tech startups with a completed business proposal, must have at least a working prototype to showcase live and a team with at least 2 founding members to support the venture.
3. The startup must have incorporated less than 4 years and has received funding less than 500.000 euros.
4. If you meet all the previous criteria, then the next step is to have the time to commit to our program for a period of 3 months. Commitment includes regular weekly attendance at the accelerator’s premises, attendance to all workshops & events when invited with at least one team member, time to work with your mentors and the enthusiasm to collaborate with the rest of the residence of the program.
To submit your application, please click here.
Meet our Judges and Mentors
The judges and mentors of our Acceleration Program, having a solid background and a successful career in their field, are here to guide you properly and help you grow your business in the travel and hospitality market.
1. What does the program offer?
CapsuleT aims to support and accelerate the growth of innovative tech entrepreneurial ventures working in the tourism sector, by offering a place to advance their business skills, collaborate with pears, mentors and industry experts and promote their business in the market.
Activities have been designed according to the needs of the startups which will join the program as well as the need to connect and involve all stakeholders of the ecosystem. The duration of the acceleration program for each cycle will be 3 months with the option for startups to stay as a resident additionally for 3 months and continue to use the facilities for free. More specifically, each startup will have at least 2 work stations/office spaces available for team members to work throughout weekdays, free WiFi, access to printing/scanning equipment, availability to book and use meeting rooms or other open meeting areas, and of course free coffee!
Apart from workshops and mentoring sessions, the program is enriched with local events, pitching opportunities, meetups, industry site visits and networking activities. Moreover, extrovert activities through learning and networking sessions, participations at trade shows and delegations abroad are also a key element of the program, in order to connect Greek teams with the rest of the world.
2. Which industries are relevant to this accelerator?
We expect applications for ventures that offer product or service solutions in fields such as:
· Hotel management & services (hotel management, revenue management, channel management, HR management, guest products & services etc)
· Distribution & Transfers
· Booking engines & ΟΤΑs
· Activity providers
· Energy, natural resources and environmental solutions
· Specialized communication and promotional solutions
Startups may specialize in technology such as: Internet & web platforms, Mobile apps, Chatbots, Software, Hardware, Energy solutions, Mobility & Transportation solutions, Blockchain solutions, AI solutions, Big Data, Internet of Things.
To see all the FAQs, please click here
Before submitting your application, please read carefully the Application Questions, as well as the Rules and Conditions and the Eligibility Criteria of the program.
Important tips on how to complete your application:
1) Before applying, please make sure that you have carefully read the Application Questions.
2) Prepare all your answers in a separate file (e.g. word document) on your desktop. Keep in mind that there’s a character limit per answer (as described in each question).
3) Take into account that, once you submit your answers, you will not be able to edit or remove them.
4) Kindly remember that only one application per team will be accepted.
Then, to submit your application, please click here.